Welcome to the customer resource area. In this area you will find all the resources needed to be a customer of the REMC SAVE Project. Here you will find forms, ordering directions, vendor lists, documents and video resources.
- Check with your REMC for variations in directions, local contact information, and their address. Complete separate purchase orders to each vendor for the items they were awarded.
- Include REMC item #, item names, manufacturer product numbers, prices, and the statement; "Prices Per REMC Bid," on all purchase orders. For orders with multiple ship-to locations, each location must meet the minimum purchase quantities, or shipping and handling will be added. Some vendors require that customers include the REMC contract numbers as a means to ensure that your district is charged the correct price and that shipping is not added. Requirements, such as contract numbers, are noted and located in the Vendor Address Section to assure REMC pricing.
- Include an order contact person's name, fax number, e-mail address, and phone number on all purchase orders. This information is required for all software licenses and order verification notification, and it allows the vendor to contact a person who has knowledge of the order if additional information is needed. Software license orders cannot be processed without this information.
- All REMC Centers offer consultation on the purchasing process and selection. Check your local ordering directions as many centers no longer require that POs be sent to the REMC for stamping. If local REMC directions require that PO's be submitted to your REMC, orders received by vendors without a REMC stamp may be delayed, or districts may be charged non-REMC prices plus shipping and handling charges.
- If you are requesting consultation or vendor follow-up assistance, you must send your REMC a copy of the PO in question. Purchases from the Computer Hardware and Network Electronics should be mailed to the reseller or submitted online.
- Items will be shipped and billed directly to your school district. Contact the vendor for warranty service, defective materials, and billing questions. Provide the following information when calling the vendor: your school purchase order number, the date your school received the merchandise and specific details regarding what is wrong with the merchandise.
Orders will be shipped FOB Destination with all shipping and handling charges paid by the vendor (unless otherwise specified). Orders that do not meet minimums may be subject to shipping and/or handling charges as noted in the pricing information. Equipment orders are generally shipped within 14 days. Supplies are generally shipped within 7 days.
Bretford video mount, cart orders and other large Bretford orders exceeding the UPS weight limit of 70 lbs. may be sent via common carrier. Most common carriers use semi trailers not equipped with lift gates. Drivers are required to deliver the shipment to the rear of the trailer ONLY. Therefore, customers are responsible for unloading the shipment from the truck. If your school is not equipped with a delivery dock or fork lift, we suggest you contact the vendor for further delivery options.
Price and Model Changes
Models may be updated and prices may decrease during the contract term. The on-line catalog is regularly updated as changes occur and includes links to product specifications and other product information.
REMC prices for computers, software, and network electronics are bid as a percentage off list price and are subject to change throughout the year. Check for prices at the designated links from the Project website.
Damaged Items, Return Policies, and Exchanges
Each company and manufacturer has specific policies related to damaged or incorrectly ordered items. The common standard for all manufacturers is that you call the vendor for return authorization, and that the returned items must be in the original shipping container with the original packing and accessories. Place small boxes into another box so labels and shipping marks do not make the packing and content unfit for resale. Also, items that have been marked by a school with inscriptions, asset tags, paint, or other markings, cannot be taken for exchange, even when defective. (Warranty repair, rather than exchange, would occur.) The Project recommends that equipment be operated before school identification is added and original shipping/packing materials are discarded. Call the vendor for return authorization and directions before shipping equipment for warranty service or exchange.
Always pack equipment in a manner to avoid damage, as shipping companies will not pay for damaged claims on improperly packed equipment. Most resellers charge a restocking fee of 10-50% for items being returned, unless agreed upon by the reseller.
Items damaged during shipping must be reported to the shipping company immediately, as the shipper, not the original vendor, may be responsible for damages. Shipping damage must be reported immediately, as shipping company policies vary from one to seven days. When items arrive in crushed or damaged cartons, immediately check the materials to be sure the contents have not been damaged, or refuse the package. If no external damage is evident, but the contents are damaged, immediately report the damage. Also notify the vendor of shipping damage as they may help coordinate the damage report.
Items included in the online catalog are all current bid items. Catalogs for products are updated as new bids are awarded.
Bid Contract Dates
- 2016-17 Supplies and Equipment Bid: January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2018
- Computers & Networking 2014: July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2019
- Paper Bid: December 1, 2016 - May 31, 2017
- Paper Bid: June 1, 2016 - November 30, 2016
- Software, Subscriptions & Educator Evaluation 2015: July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2018
- Digital Resources: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2018
- Data Warehouse: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2021
- Student Information Systems: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2021
Orders must be received by the vendors prior to the expiration of contracts. Most manufacturers will not allow resellers to extend prices to orders received after contracts have expired.
Specifications for most products are posted on the REMC web page. Contact the vendor or your REMC with questions about supplies or equipment found in this catalog.
Resellers have provided your school with their best prices. They expect payment approximately 30 days after delivery. If payments will be held more than 45 days, a school should make the reseller aware of processing and board meeting issues that will delay payment.
Many schools do not accept summer deliveries or cannot locate items after extensive summer building maintenance. Please state your summer delivery directions if items are to be held rather than shipped during summer months.